ITG Dresden provides research-oriented services in the field of technical building equipment. The spectrum includes scientific research, consulting, standardization and engineering services. The focus is on energy efficiency and climate protection as well as heating and ventilation technology.
Scientific and application-oriented research work, among others for
- Public clients (contract and proposal research), numerous projects for federal ministries and federal offices
- Trade associations
Numerous joint research projects with other leading research institutes as well as universities and colleges
Advice to the public sector, including federal ministries and funding agencies, as well as private clients such as associations, manufacturers and companies.
- Expert opinions, e.g. on the updating of energy saving and climate protection legislation (e.g. EnEV and GEG) and subsidies (e.g. BEG)
- Studies, e.g. on the future climate-neutral heat supply of buildings and on the technical, energetic and economic evaluation of innovative and conventional plant technology
- Numerous joint consulting projects with other leading consulting and research institutes
Leading participation in several national and international standardization committees in the fields of building services engineering and building physics, with a focus on energy efficiency and plant design.
Extensive experience in the development of national and international standards.
Selected standardization committees:
- Chairman of the DIN committee "Design and energy evaluation of heating systems and water-based cooling systems as well as systems for domestic hot water heating in buildings".
- Chairman CEN/TC "Heating systems and water based cooling systems in buildings".
- Deputy Chairman DIN Joint Committee "Energy Evaluation of Buildings
- Deputy Chairman of the DIN Joint Committee "Radon-Protected Buildings
- Deputy Chairman of the DIN Committee "Ventilation of Dwellings
- German Head of Delegation ISO/TC "Building environment design" and CEN/TC "Energy Performance of Buildings
- Participation in DIN committees "Heat transport", "Energy evaluation of air-conditioning and air-conditioning systems", etc.
Consulting and planning support for building owners, architects, planners and the real estate industry
Selected focal points
- Service-Evaluation of district heating systems according to AGFW
- Ventilation concepts
- Energy certificates
- Energy concepts
- Expert opinion and expert services
Lectures and Training
Knowledge transfer for relevant actors in the building sector
- Further education and qualification, e.g. for energy consultants, energy efficiency experts and experts
- Lectures and training courses on a wide range of topics in the field of technical building equipment and related specialist areas
- Activities for public and private further education institutions, chambers of crafts and engineers as well as associations and companies
- Preparation of guidelines and information brochures, especially in the context of energy saving law, e.g. for BMWi, BBSR, dena and SAENA
- Student education, among others honorary professorship for air conditioning and refrigeration technology at the HTWK Leipzig